Sunday, March 6, 2011

Our New Blog Look!

Don't be alarmed! It's still us!
I promise.

One reason I've been so quiet on the blog this week is because I have been working on this new look, making graphics, etc. And this week was the first break I've had after close to 3 months of working 10-12 hours a day, weekends included. YAY! And I must admit, I felt like quite the zombie earlier this week. <deep breath> Now, I'm back and totally refreshed!

Why the new look, you wonder? <do you like it better?>
Honestly, the other look had a real cutesy feel to it, and we all agreed it was WAY too girlie. The guys are thinking, phew, now I can visit this blog while in a public place and not be embarrassed.

Some of our pages are still "under construction," but that will be fixed soon! We are working on a book review policy, which we didn't have before. Some of us here are getting offers from authors and publishers to read ARCs, so I suppose the day has come to have a policy.

Friendly reminders:

  • We have a book club on goodreads! We're reading Across the Universe by Beth Revis. Later this month we're going to have another AWESOME book club chat right here on the blog.
  • Check out the post below this one if you haven't yet. Kalina Kay has started a Q&A feature. Ask her anything about books or publishing. (See if you can stump her!!) For this first round of questions, she's offering a giveaway. SUPER COOL!
  • Kristina Fugate is hosting a really great blogfest this coming Monday & Tuesday. There's a cool giveaway, so make sure you check it out....like....right now.
  • OH YEAH, and the first installment of WHO IS SAINT GIOVANNI? (my young adult novel) will appear on this blog in 35 days 11 hours and 45 minutes. Click here if you have no clue what I'm talking about.
This is going to be a great week, and I hope you share my enthusiasm. Happy Sunday!

Rane

P.S. Don't I have the cutest writing buddy in the world? This was where my puppy chose to take her nap while I was working at the computer. She's snuggled between me and the edge of my computer desk (with a pillow behind her).