Monday, February 21, 2011

BLOGFEST for writers!

I've copy and pasted this info from Kristina's blog at KayKay's Corner. Please check out this AWESOME blogfest happening over there. I've linked up, and I hope you do too!!!

We've all heard it a millon times: If your book doesn't catch the agent/publisher's eye quickly, they'll probably reject it. So, I'm sure at one time or another we've asked ourselves, "Does my WIP catch people's attention right away?"(I sound like that voice-over guy from every infomercial ever made.)

The rules are pretty simple.

1.) Sign up on the Linky below so everyone knows you're participating and will be able to stop by your page. (CLICK HERE TO FIND THE LINKY)

2.) On Monday March 7, post the first 550 words (or less) of your WIP on your blog. If you can, leave a link to your email address* in case someone has an especially long critique.
(*Suggested by Madeline of Capricious Existence!)

3.) Hop around on the 7th and 8th to spread the love to the other participants. Feel free to post an updated version after you've gotten some suggestions. Remember: The more comment love you give, the more will come back to you :)

4.) Be sure to leave a link back to THIS post so everyone can find the Linky. Also, this isn't required but I'd love you forever if you could mention this on your blog and/or host that nifty little button.

ALSO!!
On Wednesday March 9, I will choose one of the participants (at random) to recieve a $20 Amazon gift card!


Anyone who mentions my fest or hosts a button will be entered twice. Make sure to leave a link to that post in the comments section so I don't miss it!

If you sign up and don't post, you won't be in the drawing. Sorry, but it's only fair.