Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Writers Toolbox: Magazines

Alright bloggers, I was really trying to finish Linger in time to do a book review but that didn't really happen. With two kids, a hubby, and a very busy schedule, I STILL haven't finished it. I know, I know, I'm a slacker...maybe next week. But there is good news for my writing friends out there! My ever growing To Do List may have impaired my ability to finish a book, but it has NOT enabled me to suggest another awesome tool that all writers should have in their toolbox:

WRITERS DIGEST 


Seriously, all writers should have this magazine. Writers Digest will give you techniques on honing your craft, tips and tricks, the inside scoop on whats hot and whats not (seriously, they are like the TMZ of the writing world), profiles of agents who want your work, and soooo much more. (And No, they are not paying me to say this!) If you aren't already a subscriber and want to be, click HERE.

This leads me to my next magazine (which I am also NOT getting paid to recommend to you but now I'm thinking I should! :P):

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY


Why-oh-why would you subscribe to an entertainment magazine? You aren't in the movie/TV/music business, you're in the writing business? What does this have to do with you? Well, I'm glad you asked! It just so happens that a writer who wants to SELL his work needs to be up to date on current trends and what better way to know what's going on then to get a subscription to Entertainment Weekly! Unless, of course, you have hours and hours of time to sit around and do nothing but browse every channel on your nice flat screen, AND watch all the shows you had to Tivo, AND rent all the new movies from Redbox, AND browse your local store (just in case you missed something big). I mean, if you have time to do all that, you probably don't need this magazine. Then again, if you do all that, you probably don't have time to write anything either.
So... if you want current, up-to-date info on Music, Movies, TV, and Books, then I highly recommend a subscription to Entertainment Weekly and just click HERE.

These magazines are awesome because they work for writers of all genres. It doesn't matter what you write, there is something for everyone! These are just two of my personal favs but if you have any mags in your Writers Toolbox I'd love to hear them!

I want to leave you with some words of wisdom from the great and powerful Yoda:


Happy Writing Everyone!

Kalina Kay