Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Exploring the World (Wide Web)

There are limitless resources for writers and readers out there -- especially on the internet. Going through it all can be a daunting task, and maybe there are websites that you would love but know nothing about! This monthly feature highlights websites that I know about and would like to share with all of you.
This month's website: Poets.org

Have any of you heard of it? I admit, I knew nothing about it until I came across an article about it. If you have heard of it, did you know that they have a special section just for teens? Seriously, check it out!

They have Poetry 101, writing help (in the form of exercises, reading assignments, peer critiques, and even info. on how to get published!), discussion forums, online resources, and popular poems for teens. You can also create a personalized notebook, which is basically just a scrapbook of audio clips, poems, and poets you like. You can also keep track of poetry events that are coming up. There are probably tons of other features, but I just joined this site myself (I'm not a poet, but I love reading poetry), so I'm still exploring. From what I've seen so far, it's pretty awesome.

So, if you're a poet or just a lover of poetry, I highly recommend this website to you. And if you do check it out/know about it, let me know what you think.
Until later,